Blog Covered On "The Early Show"...I respond to critics
If you are new to this blog, this is most likely not the entry you are looking for. The post containing the identities of the boys and the blackmail allegations can be found by clicking here
Yesterday on CBS’s The Early Show, Albany District Attorney David Soares told co-anchor Julie Chen that “the person who is responsible for this Blog is not a sophisticated reporter, and it is a shame and I think an embarrassment."
1. When did I ever claim to be a sophisticated journalist? The dictionary defines journalist as “One who keeps a journal or diary.” Sounds about right to me.
2. My Blog is an embarrassment? Our society and its reaction to this case is an embarrassment. Our insatiable infatuation with perversion and immorality is the real shame. We feed off of smut like this. It lets us all feel morally superior.
3. How can one elatedly search through the Internet for my Blog in order to get “the scoop” and then in the same breath denounce my “moral irresponsibility”? The majority of you came here well aware beforehand of the “irresponsible” information that this Blog holds. You knew what you were getting into.
4. These kids were monsters. I feel 100% guilt free in releasing their names. They manipulated a broken woman into having sex with them. Not only was she without a husband, she was alcohol dependent and suffering from severe depression. The way they manipulated her makes me wonder if they should be diagnosed as sociopaths.
5. As for DA David Soares, you ride in on a high horse and make claims of “morality,” “decency” and “responsibility.” How do those terms relate to your self-importance and self-righteousness? Knowing you, I'm sure you're just elated that you've gotten so much face time over this case. It plays nicely into your hidden agenda, doesn't it?